As Christmas sneaks up on us, there can suddenly be this huge list of things to do and not much time to do it. One of the big jobs is to prepare for Christmas lunch as well as all of those extra meals and the poor dining room table can see a lot of use during this time. Protecting it and cutting down on the workload is very important and that’s why using a wipe clean tablecloth can be a perfect solution.
What is a wipe clean tablecloth?
A wipe clean tablecloth is also known as a vinyl tablecloth or even an oilcloth, although this is an older term that doesn’t always refer well to modern products. They take the requirements of a normal tablecloth and add a protective coating to it than means if there are spills, it can simply be wiped clean.
Wipe clean tablecloths come in a wide range of colours, shapes and styles. This means you can get them to fit almost any size or shape of table and have a choice of colours and patterns that match in with the look of the room.
Reasons to use a wipe clean tablecloth
But why would you consider choosing one rather than a normal tablecloth? Let’s take a look at some of the major benefits and why it can be the perfect solution for Christmas.
- Saves time on cleaning – The first, obvious reason to use a wipe clean tablecloth is that it can save you time on cleaning. With a fabric tablecloth, if there’s a stain or a spill, the entire cloth needs to be washed. This either means washing by hand or putting through the washing machine – then drying it and probably ironing it too. With a wipe clean tablecloth, you just wipe up the spill and the job is done.
- More cost effective – While they can be similar in cost to buy as a good quality tablecloth, wipe clean styles will pay back that investment in the length of time you can use them. They don’t fade due to constant washing and can last a long time.
- Look smart despite frequent use – Christmas Day is often a messy one and when you pull out the tablecloth for Boxing Day, you don’t want something stained and messy. But with a wipe clean tablecloth, there’s less maintenance and you can be certain that the tablecloth will look smart.
- Multipurpose tablecloths – Not only are they a great help when it comes to Christmas dinner, but you can also use them to protect your table at other times. If the kids want to colour while they are waiting for the meal, the tablecloth can protect against errant pen marks.
- Easy to store – Once Christmas is finished and the tablecloth isn’t needed for a little while, you can simply clean it off, fold it up and store it until the next time it is needed. Then just open it up and pop it on the table, no ironing required!